Fall in love with the process…
Each time you finish a build, the result should be your new favorite rod. That’s how you can guarantee that it will be your best work each time. That’s our philosophy, anyway. To put it simply, if we wouldn’t fish with it, and if we wouldn’t gladly put our name on it, then it doesn’t leave the shop. We warranty our craftsmanship <how long>, because we want to build more than rods – we want to build a name for ourselves while building good relationships with anglers just like you.
How to Get a Rosie’s Custom Rod
Sort of like our fly drops, we have limited capacity at the moment (still scaling up, so thank you for your patience). As such, we are currently limiting our custom rods to 5 per month. The way this works is:
- Slots will be opened and posted around the 1st of each month. Slots will remain open for one week or until filled.
- Initiate your claim on one the slots by clicking the “Pre-Order” button below (you can see how many slots are still available). Note that if all slots have already been claimed for the month, you can put your name on the waitlist for a future month by following the same process.
- Complete the request for a quote by choosing from the available options. You can add specific notes/requests in the text section provided.
- If you have successfully selected one of the open slots, we will contact you within 24 hours to confirm the details of your build and make sure we have everything just right. Allow 2-3 business days for us to reach out to you if you are on the waitlist.
- If everything is satisfactory, pay your deposit within 2 business days (deposit varies by total build price). Once all deposits have been received, rod blanks will be ordered next business day. This helps save money on shipping, which helps us keep YOUR price down. Deposits are fully refundable until the rod blanks have been ordered. After that, they are only partially refundable. Some rod blanks may take up to 3 weeks to arrive, while others may arrive within 1 to 2 weeks. We will let you know when we reach out to confirm your build.
- You will receive build updates on a regular basis – usually once specific sections of the build are completed. Once blanks have been received, allow an additional 2 to 3 weeks for completion, depending on the complexity of the build. Some steps allow for rods to be built simultaneously, while others that do not will be based on priority of order.
- Once your rod is completed, you will receive a notification to view the finished product and sign off on it. If everything is to your liking, please confirm that the build is complete, and your rod will be shipped within 24 hours. You will be provided with a tracking number.
- Upon receiving your new custom rod, take a moment to look it over a second time and make sure everything is good to go. Then get out there and enjoy!
- Take pictures and/or videos of your fishing excursions so that we can feature you on our site using your Rosie’s Custom Rod!
Have a look at our gallery below for some inspiration. When you’re ready to get started on your own custom build, please fill out the form by clicking the button below.